Add: No.26 Jingliu Road, China
Every season has its own special foods. As temperatures are on the rise so is the demand for some cool summer food. Summer foods are in season. But it becomes quite a challenge to enjoy smoothies and ice creams as well as maintain our weight. But the nature provides an endless bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables for our pleasure. Here are some ideas and foods to help you keep cool and also maintain your weight.
* Vegetable Salads:Try to include plenty of salad vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, capsicum, mushrooms, lettuce, cabbage, and tomatoes. Salad greens are full of folate and rich in vitamins A and C. While packed with healthful dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and nutrients, fresh vegetables also are low in calories and have no added fats or sugars.
* Fruit Salads: Summer fruits like mangoes, watermelon, rockmelon, litchi, nectarines, plums, apricots are all juicy and have high water content. Besides being low in calories, fresh salads are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibre. These fruit are good sources of folate, Vitamin A and antioxidants. Fruit can be had as a snack as well as desserts or in smoothies.
* Cool Drinks-Smoothies: This is an excellent way to enjoy fruit in summer. Similar in consistency to milkshakes, smoothies are quick, nutritious, and amazingly rich at the same time. Try to make smoothies with bananas, strawberries, rockmelon, kiwi fruit, passion fruit, mangoes, peaches, plums and berries. These are full of vitamins and antioxidants and are great for an increased fruit intake.
* Watermelons: Watermelons are 92 percent water, and they are plentiful during the summer. Watermelons can be eaten alone or in salads and desserts. One cup of watermelon has only 48 calories and no fat. Eating watermelons is a traditional summertime food that is a treat in hot weather.
* Grilled Foods: Summertime is a good time for grilled foods. Cooking outdoors keeps the kitchen cool and lets people enjoy nature while preparing a meal. Most people think that only steaks, ribs, hamburger and hotdogs can be cooked on the grill. However, you can grill fish, vegetables, fruits and breads.
* Ice Cream: Yes, ice cream is delicious all year long, but there is just something special about having a cone of ice cream or a bowl of ice cream in the summertime, but are equally fattening as well. Better alternatives are low fat ice creams, sundaes, frozen yoghurt, and smoothies. Some people might choose frozen yogurt, sherbet, or Italian ice. They are all good summertime treats.